Country Casual is perfect for people hoping to create a rural retreat in the urban world. This style is comfortable and welcoming but still elegant. The use of balance and proportion are extremely important due to the use of mismatched pattern and furniture from various periods. This style is very similar to shabby chic but is often a little more polished. The Country Casual style looks generational: it gives the impression that items have been collected over time.
- The Country Casual Home expresses an open, easygoing approach to life.
- This style is marked by a love unique finds and mismatched beauty.
- An appreciation for a pretty mix of relaxed pieces, like painted wood or weathered furniture, lovely florals and other patterns, lots of throws and pillows, mementos and bunches of fresh flowers that give the Country Casual home a unique sense of breeziness and charm.
- People who love Country Causal feel happiest when their home is well organized. When their house is in order, their minds feel clearer.
- Rather than a lot of meaningless objects or overly-designed items, they are happier with a few well-placed things.
- Their home is truly their respite from a busy life.
- Try to avoid letting things into your home that you don’t really love.
The Country Casual look is comfortable but not luxurious, pretty but not fussy, familiar but not boring. Country Casual is timeless and is completely at home in houses made of brick, timber or stone. Texture and hand are very important in the Country Casual style. Stone and warm wood, rough baskets and soft wool, velvets and homespun linens are all fanntastic textures that would be found in Country Casual Homes.
Colors tend to be a little more complex and impure. Patterns are mixed with abandon—gingham checks with herringbone, florals with twalls, or damusk with plaids.
The casual placement of accessories and artwork create a lived in look as does the mix matched furniture and beautiful textures and patterns. The key to creating this look in your home is to find pieces that you love in various patterns and place them casually while keeping a keen eye for editing. There is a fine line between Country Casual and busy so make sure to edit thoughtfully.