All these design styles floating around the design world may make perfect sense to designers but I know some of them are confusing for most consumers especially since there is so much overlap withing the styles. Here is some information about the Earthy Modern style which is what I relate to the most.
- A love of culture, style, and trends, but appreciate timeless forms and simple lines.
- Value good design and quality craftsmanship
- Strong preference for streamlined over highly embellished or cluttered.
- Appreciate the warmth and individuality of natural materials and handcrafted thing
- Inspired by colors and forms from nature
- Love mixing up different textures and are sensitive to the tactile qualities of objects
- Grounded and solid, not flighty or frilly
- Value creativity
- A natural sense of drama
- Take risks with colors, finishes, furniture choices, or ideas
Earthy Modern is clean and comfortable but not overstuffed and fussy. I like to think of it as mid century with a natural twist. For me, the photo below represents Earthy Modern pretty well as does my living room.
Want this look? You can go to High Fashion Home and get part (sofa, chair, coffee table, lamp and curtains) of the look for about $5350 or check back in a few days for my adaptations which is sure to save you hundreds!